Interested in hosting a related workshop?
- Building Strong and Sustainable Business Partnerships
- Building a Strong Work-Based Learning Program
- Building and Managing Effective Advisory Boards
If you’re interested in building effective relationships with your industry partners – relationships that produce real benefits for students, staff, and partners – you’ll want a copy of the Employer Engagement Toolkit, a new hands-on workbook from the National Center for College and Career Transitions.
Written by Brett Pawlowski, Executive Vice President of NC3T, and Charlie Katz, President of Charlie Katz Consulting and former Director of Corporate Engagement with the National Academy Foundation, the Employer Engagement Toolkit is a complete guide to finding partners and making them a part of your program.
• Essentials of Partnerships– Foundational information on partnerships, including what are partnerships; how students, staff, and businesses benefit; and how to identify the assets needed to fuel partnerships
• How to Work with Partners– An introduction to the nine different models you can consider when building relationships with your partners
• How to Recruit Partners – How to find the partners you need, how to connect with them, and how to engage them in your program
• Measuring Partnership Outcomes – Design an effective measurement/evaluation model to track outcomes for your partnerships
• Sustainability: Engaging Partners for the Long Haul – Your best partners are those who come back year after year; find out how to boost long-term involvement
• Deep Dive: Advisory Boards – An in-depth review covering how to set up and run an effective advisory board
• EET Case Files – Fifteen case studies showcasing different partnership models in action
The Employer Engagement Toolkit is $39.95 per copy. To order the Toolkit online, click the button below; to order multiple copies, or to pay with a purchase order, contact Kandice Dickover.
Upon receiving payment or a Purchase Order, NC3T will ship books to the address that you have provided.
“The Employer Engagement Tool Kit is one of the most comprehensive and practical guides to help schools and teachers work with employers that I have seen to date. I have done extensive research to try to help my teachers work with their business and industry partners in an effective way that benefits both parties. This publication makes it clear that the partnership must include commitment from everyone involved to strengthen a program – a true partnership in every aspect. How refreshing! Included are the forms to help teachers and businesses achieve that community of purpose. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Just act on the suggestions in this tool kit and you can’t go wrong! Great job!”
–Carol L. Clark
CTE Curriculum Coordinator