The STEM Schools Project asks two important questions:
What factors contribute to a strong implementation of a STEM program like Project Lead The Way, AND, How can a school move beyond having good STEM programs to becoming a school that embeds STEM teaching and learning across the school – in short, becoming a STEM-focused school? Meeder Consulting developed nine case studies to document strategies used by schools – public, middle and high schools, as well as a private high school – to implement project-based STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) programs like Project Lead The Way and move toward a more widespread adoption of STEM teaching and learning across the entire school.
Download case studies on the following schools/districts:
- Clearbrook-Gonvick High School – Clearbrook, Minnesota
- Edison Middle School – Janesville, Wisconsin
- Greenfield Central High School – Greenfield, Indiana
- Humboldt High School – Humboldt, Iowa
- Lenawee County Intermediate School District – Addison, Michigan
- Pine River Backus High School – Pine River, Minnesota
- St. Thomas More High School – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Wheeling High School – Wheeling, Illinois
- Thomas Worthington High School – Worthington, Ohio
Hans has published a book that includes the major findings from the case studies and puts them in the larger national conversation around STEM education. Find the ebook now on Amazon by clicking here.